Database Administration Area
Palace Stock Tracker is highly configurable via the Administration area to such an extent that it can be tailored to work around almost all furniture reuse organisations. The settings in this area affect all of the users/computers connecting to this database and is password protected.
To Enter the Administration Area
- From the login screen select the database to administer and press the Database Administration button.
- Enter the username and password when prompted (these are both set to "admin" by default, the password should be changed after the first login for security purposes).
- Click Login
Use the Administration Area to Change...
- Licence - Manages the licence for this database.
- Organisation Options - Sets information such as company name, address, invoicing preferences, default new item categories and more.
- Operators and Security - Manages operators and operator permissions to control how users access this database.
- Site Locations - Manages site locations (places) to affect how items are moved around your organisation.
- Item Categories and Types - Manages categories and types/templates for items including default weights and prices..
- Services - Manages available services and pricing such as "Delivery" or "Fitting". Services can be added to invoices.
- Item Status types - Manages item statuses, the status of items is changed as they work through an organisation. For example "Council 1 - Awaiting Collection", "Council 2 - Awating Collection", "Stock", "Sold" etc.
- Contact types - Manages contact categories.
- Clean up Contacts - Cleans up this database's contacts (removes trailing spaces etc).
- Vans - Manages vans including each van's maximum items, weight and drops (used for the capacity graphs within the Deliveries and Collections area).
- Drop Time Slots - Manages available collection and delivery time slots.
- Attachment Descriptions - Edit the list of available predefined image descriptions when scanning images/documents for contacts and items.