** Palace Stock Tracker 3 has been replaced by Palace Stock Tracker 4 **
Palace Stock Tracker 3 support ends on 31 December 2013
Contact us for upgrade deals.
Palace Stock Tracker 4 Home
Palace Stock Tracker can print item labels with machine readable barcodes for fast and convenient lookup. Repeat scanning is supported for adding items to the shopping cart for selling or batch disposal etc.
A range of barcode hardware is available here.
Setting up a Printer
- Open the Client Options (how to open the Client Options).
- Select the Printing tab.
- Use the Change button by the Label Printer box to set which printer to use for barcodes (normally "Zebra GK420d").
- Tick the Print Barcodes on Item Labels box.
Item labels with barcodes can be printed when viewing items or adding each item to the system. Simply view an item's details and press Print Item Label.
Example barcode label
The supported "Symbol" scanners require no special configuration or drivers and simply work like a keyboard. Therefore any box that accepts an item number can automatically be filled by scanning a label.
Barcode reader specific features include:
- The Quick Scan button in the Stock Manager area. Press this button and scan an item label to go directly to that item's properties.
- The Quick Scan Items toolbar button in the Sell/Discard Stock area. Use this feature to scan multiple items from the shop floor or at "checkout" to quickly add multiple items to the "basket".
- The Barcode button in the EPOS Touchscreen area.